I haven't received an award in such a long time (has no idea) and BOOM, I've been awarded by two people for the same award. So, its the Liebster award or something.
It means dearest. Hmmm. That is cute. Of course, here are the terms of service that comes with the award:
1. Give 10 random facts about myself.
2. Answer the questions given to me by my wonderful nominators.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Write 11 questions for them to answer.
Oh god, 10 random facts about myself.
Here we go.
1. I'm in love with Twix. You know, the chocolate. We don't have them here but I bought some at the Jeddah airport and well, now I regret not stuffing myself with bars of Twix from the supermarket near the hotel I stayed at in Mecca. The chocolates were cheap =.=
2. I recently made an Instagram. Expect pictures of my cat, my books and food. Username: hanisgorgeous
3. I can't watch romance movies for the reason that I believe it will only give people false hope. I'll make a face whenever anyone suggest a rom-com. In fact, the only one I can tolerate is Ten Things I Hate About You (tears up every single time) and god, 500 Days of Summer? I hated Summer right away.
4. I get pissed off when I see trash published and become bestsellers *coughscoughsTwilightand50Shadescoughscoughs* because come on, there are plenty of other, more deserving books to be recognised and become bestsellers. Not to mention, my manuscript.
5. Talking about bestsellers, I avoid them until the whole rage about them has died down. Either I read them when the word-of-mouth are whispers or after the enthusiasm has died.
6. Everytime I look at my books, I imagine getting a nice big bookcase and then buying more.
7. I hate throwing things away. Just few days ago I cleared away some books/reports from my high school days. And the bundle of scrap paper and notes from my Diploma days.
8. I don't have a type. But if you ask what kind of a guy I find physically attractive, I would tell you Caucasian or Indian/Pakistani + Caucasian or Indian/Pakistani guys who were brought up in the western part of the world. I know, that last one is odd but there is just something about the upbringing that makes them oh so attractive.
9. Koala bears? I have no idea why people think they're cute.
10. I have the urge to quote lyrics into conversation.
Okay, time to answer those questions given by my nominators, such wonderful people.
First up is AZ:
1) The moment you regret the most
Hmm. I can't think of one. Maybe that moment I started having midnight snacks that were more like a second dinner. HAHAHAHAHA.
Okay, be serious Hanis.
Hmmm. I seriously can't think of one that qualifies as "the most" . Oh wait, what about the time I gave that letter to this one crush of mine who let his friends read it and made fun of me on Myspace? God. I'm gonna nominate the moments I get certain crushes.
2) The moment you value the most
I must be a bad person as I can't think of an answer for this one. The moment I got my S3. HAHAHAHA.
Fine. Seriously, I can't think.
3) If your life was about to be turned into a film, who would you want to potray you?
That girl from Suits. The sexy, caramel skinned one who's having a thingie with Mike. Or Maya Karin. Can the guy from I Am Number Four play my husband?
4) Which song describes your life
There is no song that do that. Other than If Only For One Night or Sweet Dreams are Made of This.
5) Your biggest fear
Hmm. Being rejected. Or falling from a high place with no chance of being saved.
6) What is your most embarrasing habit
Snoring. I do snore.
7) What is your favourite quote
If you're going through hell, keep on going- Winston Churchill
8) If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life what would it be
Fish and chips, with a lemon wedge on the side with tartar sauce. Does that count as one thing? Or just a Chicken Slices Sub from Subway.
9) Your dream job?
A food and travel show host.
10) Which book made you cry?
Plenty but the one on my mind now is The Time Traveller's Wife.
11) Which film made you cry?
Last one, that I remember was Despicable Me. I cry at cartoons every single time.
Whew, that was hard. Now, its time for Laila:
1. A book that made you [want to?] throw it across the room?
This Malay novel that my brother has to read for school. God, it reminded me of why I hate most Malay novels where the female characters are weak and idiotic. I know there are some novels which aren't like that, but that is the minority. I ended up going "I hate the daughter, I hate the mother, I hate the father. I only like nothing of this." while vowing to write to the author a hate letter. I didn't.
2. What was the last lie you told? (assuming you have lied :P )
Last one I remember telling was :
"I only had two currypuff."
I had 3 currypuffs and few other things. With a cup of tea. A small Kit Kat and a mini bag of Nips.
3. How long is your thumb?
Half of the height of my S3.
4. What did you eat for breakfast four days ago?
5. Have you ever done something violent? If so, what didja do?
Other than fighting my brother? Or shooting an M17? Nope.
6. What's under your bed?
Luggages. A vaccumm cleaner.
7. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear 'kangaroo'?
Tigger. Cause he's like Roo's role model.
8. What happens to Pinocchio when he says 'I'm lying'?
Its like dividing something by 0. World ends. Or the universe gets jumbled up and we wake up in a whole other universe.
9. Can you stand on your head without leaning against anything?
Hmmmm. No. Hahaha
10. When was the last time you climbed a tree?
I have a fear of ants. Well, I hate how they crawl on my skin. Where do ants like to hang out? Trees. So, never.
11. When someone asks you to tell them about yourself, what do you say?
In my mind:
"I'm Hanis. Hanis means awesome and gorgeous. TRUTH."
"Erm .. what do you wanna know?"
And now, since everyone I can possibly nominate has been nominated, I'm gonna ignore the 3rd and 4th rule and instead, give you this picture of me, which shows me attempting a cute Korean style expression.