Monday, October 20, 2014

10 Days.



It seems that Istanbul is in mere 10 days. Our flight would be around 3.15 am, and I expect to look like a bedraggled participant of the Amazing Race. If it is possible, I would like to wear tracksuit pants, a t-shirt with a cardigan pulled over it. Feet in comfy socks and slippers. 

But nah. The only thing my vanity would let me do is skip the contact lenses and just put on my glasses. Which is a big deal, because it has come to the point that most of my friends have no idea I am blind as a baby bat as I never wear my glasses outside the house.

I am quietly excited. Thanks to the mighty deities of the working life, where work will pile up 3 weeks before you are bound to take 9 days off, and not the 4 months before where you spent most of your time staring at the screen.

And no, contrary to popular perception, I have not packed my luggage yet. But, I do have about 8 check lists:

1. To Print - Stuffs like a copy of my passport, the e-ticket, a copy of my identification cards, few copies of my contact details and also a map of the Malaysian Embassy there.(Bro: In case Taken 2 happens to you, you have to know where to escape to)

2. To Query - I am very thankful that the apartment's owner is a soul of patience because I keep asking if there's an iron (yes), towels(yes), lift (no) and so on. I have also asked about using a local sim card (not advisable as it tends to not work in foreign phones), roaming (too expensive) and the sockets there (two pins, people).

3. To Do - Paying the rest of the rent via Paypal (do not transfer the money from the bank account linked to Paypal to Paypal because the latter does not have the option to pay in Euro, hence your bank will have to do it), flu shot (for winter and parents who worry), inform my debit/credit card provider that I shall be using the cards abroad.

4. To Buy - This one is the longest, to no surprise.

i) Pepper Spray, contact lenses, toiletries (refer to ii), bag for toiletries, international adaptor and of course clothes and shoes (Never have I had a better excuse to splurge and buy from the online Dorothy Perkins website, "The stores do not have my size Mama").

ii) I am a Toiletries aka things you can buy at the drugstore/pharmacy junkie. In fact, when I went to Outward Bound School, I had a small orange bag that was well stocked with everything one might need in the jungle. I swear I get a rush everytime I opened it and took out the sanitiser/baby wipes/mosquito repellent/sunblock.

5. To Pack - Has three lists: Luggage, Hand Luggage (Backpack + Handbag) and Toiletries Bag (which will be put in Bagpack).

I think you can already imagine the things in these lists, but I would make sure to throw in a pashmina in my bagpack.

I got one more weekend to go before the trip, and I guess it would be filled with last minute shopping such as: Sweater, charger, prepaid number, toiletries and maybe a small bag. And of course, a half hearted attempt at packing. Who am I fooling, everything would only be packed 30 minutes before going to the airport.

Mama is worried about our safety. Dad is worried we would get lost. Lil Bro is worried our asses will be Taken 2.

Eli is worried that we would look like potential brides for the IS. I am worried that my weight will increase from all the food.

Typical Hanis.



1 comment:

Launna said...

Hanis, this sounds like the adventure of a life time... I hope is an amazing time with many great memories :)

It is so good to see you back:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...