Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Click

Click,
I count the dial tones in my head,
Letting the monotonous sound wash over me,
Vainly whispering,
Oh calm down dear heart,
Stop beating out to his rhythm,
Its only a phone call,
As my mind spat insults,
Questioning the existence of my dignity,
Click,
I count the seconds in my head,
onetwothreefour,
Two consonants of greeting,
My name followed,
Oh dear heart stop it,
Don't beat to his name,
A failed attempt to reciprocate,
A second failure,
stopthisfoolishness,
In the midst of chaotic thoughts,
I hear my name again,
Icantdothis,
My mind agrees,
Dignity my girl,
This is just a mistake,
I stammered,
Without a chance for a reply,
Receiver slamming onto cradle,
ohshitohshit,
Click.
Yes, that was my lame attempt on poetry after years of abandoning it for short fictions. Enjoy?

4 comments:

Steph_Boog said...

How about nice and simple "Click"

Hanis. said...

Hahaha. You're right.

Thank you <333

I'm never good with titles.

Fatuous Anility said...

Very nice. I liked this very much.

Hanis. said...

Thank you =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...