Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dear Darla.


Dear Darla,
Are you still there
I remember the sweetness of your voice
At a time of innocence
Before I went and betrayed you
Leaving you with a mess upon your hands.

Dear Darla,
I didn't mean to impose
Financial and emotional ruin
On the apple of your eye
Who made me his without a single doubt
Of my loyalty that wavered
After 20 weeks.

Dear Darla,
I've been looking for some kind of forgiveness
How am I to do that
You've disappeared from the world wide web
Along with your son
Who might have went to you sobbing 
The pieces of his broken heart
About the bitch
Who once talked to you on the phone.

Dear Darla,
Ask him to not hate me
I do that enough myself
Of my cruel words
I was selfish
Worried of his uncertain future
Please tell me that he at least have moved up the ladder
I can't bear imagining him still being the same
Naive weak boy.





Furree's poem inspired me. In the sense of its style. I've never been one to write a free flow kind of poetry. But, if you're interested in some amazingawesomegreat ones, go and read my friend's blog. She is truly a master. If you leave her a comment/drop an email, mention my name so she'll love me foreverandever.


7 comments:

Mozart said...

Quite sad.

Mark said...

Well I'm sure she already loves you, and I hope she can find the forgiveness she seeks.

Furree Katt said...

And the circle of inspiration is complete! Haha.

Man, I loved this. This is a real poem.

Laila N Mysis said...

It is sad O_O And tragic. Is it based on something real?

Hanis. said...

Laila, yes. Its based on ... a real event. Back in ... 2009.

Laila N Mysis said...

Well I hope you all find happier days :/

chimidama said...

I don't really know or read poetry. but this is good one. Clearly depicted.

p/s: I love how the word 'Darla' sounds in my mouth :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...