Wednesday, June 11, 2014

To Write.

This was asked for by Launna, who is perhaps the sweetest lady for always reading and commenting on my posts. She asked me two things and sadly, the first one was something I couldn't answer. But this one, is for her even though its not much of an opinion. 


"Have you always wanted to write?"

No. Because it has only been 11 years since I started writing and that is not even half of my life.

I started writing when I was 14, giving up my doodles of outfits for words that weren't as superficial as drawing a dress that seemed pretty on someone with a perfect curve ratio.

I wrote extensively when I was 16-17, thanks to the world of fanfiction and Harry Potter. I ventured into original fiction while in college and since then, I never looked back.

If you ask me, the perfect career would be of me being a co-owner of a cafe that helps with the baking/cooking before retreating to sit at my favourite table with a tall glass of iced latte so I can work on my book.

I want to be a writer, I want to be read, I want to be quoted one day when I am no longer alive.

Wouldn't that be grand? To live in the memories of your readers? People who read those words you written a generation ago.

To live longer than physically possible.


2 comments:

Launna said...

Thank you for answering Hanis... I always like to know what inspires people to write...

For me I have always wanted to write but never did until a year after my ex raped me, it gave me back my voice, now I don't want to think where I would be without it...

You are truly an amazing writer :)

Laila N Mysis said...

Well, haven't you been busy with writing? Why is it when I'm busy you go nuts, and when I'd like to read something, you retreat?? >:[

I kid. Although I probably can't catch up with all your posts, it's fun reading up anyway :) And to know where you began! Kinda takes the mystery out of it, but seeing as you have humble beginnings (which is me being kind to fanfiction :P ) kinda gives me hope that I'll be as good someday ♥ Happy writing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...