Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hunky Mushroom Fried Rice.

From The Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Calleti:

"Good looks too often meant, I expect to be forgiven. It was too bad his appearance made my eyes so happy- the rest of him would likely make me miserable."




I was buying dinner, sitting at a table, waiting for my to-go order to be ready (Fried Rice with Mushrooms, sunny side up on top) when I saw this ... hunky eye candy. I admit that I'm not one who think looks = everything but like a guy who can't resist staring at a cleavage that's paraded in front of him, I stared.

He dressed to show off his hunkiness *smacks head* and I fell for it. I literally turned around in my seat just to keep my eye on his tushie and strong armshim. If I was a guy, I would be sporting a boner. Well, half-mast. I shook my head when he got out of sight, feeling disgusted with myself for such ogling before thinking that he's probably one of the biggest jerk I've ever set my eyes on.

Hanis. Stop judging someone.

I then came up with this whole theory thing involving looks and personality.

*clears throat*

It is part of human's nature to sometimes think that a physically attractive person would be the owner of a good looking personality. Which is possibly such a big mistake.

Case :

Good looking guy. You swoon, you sigh. You look at him and your mind comes up with a whole story book romance where he is the sweetest ever guy in the whole universe. But then, here's the interesting part. He doesn't. He might not have such a bad personality but since its not as perfect as his exterior, in your mind, you label him as jerk.

The same goes for women. You see Miss I Look Like an angel and then discover its more of Miss Demanding inside. She might not even be that bad, hell, she might just be an ordinary personality but its sub par compared to her looks. Hence, bitch.

Boy, those good looking people sure have a lot of things to live up to, right?

This reminds me of what I read in an articles ages ago. I think I've mentioned it before in this post of OML guys. Maybe. If I didn't, it said that we should treat everyone in the same way. Not judge just from their looks.

1 comment:

PurpleMist. said...

Loved this post Hanis!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...