Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Words oh Words.


Got a secret,

Don't keep it,

Whisper to me,

It won't pass my lips.


I tried writing a poem yesterday. I knew what I wanted to say. It was to represent the state of my emotions. But for the first time, words failed me.

There were bits so clear in my mind but I didn't know to get to that part. My fingers curled around my pen in frustation before scribbling out my weak attempts.

The short thing up there? Its not the poem I want to write. I had a title for it. The Curse of the Imagination. I wanted to write on how it creates butterflies, plots and such wonders. But then it also pave the road to disappointment.

Le sigh.

I'll just let it stew around more before attempting it again


2 comments:

Mark said...

Well what you wrote wasn't bad really :) I wonder if it's some kind of irony that you wanted to write a poem about how imagination can create so much and then your imagination failed you.

Hanis. said...

Thank you <3 But yes, haha. The one time I want to write about my imagination, it fails. Perhaps it didn't feel like helping me write about the bad side of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...