Saturday, January 26, 2013

Unofficially Graduated.



When I was in high school, I was eager to finish and move on to university. I was eager to experience campus life that promised more freedom. But when I finally graduated from high school, I was sad because there was no going back for me.

The same goes for uni. I was eager to finally finish my degree, after 5.5 years and look for a job which will help me to fill up my Travel Tin. But when we were done with presenting our final year project, and when we had that last cake together, I got sad.

Nothing is going to come back. I had a wonderful 66 months learning at that place, obtaining both a Diploma and a Degree. I started out as this scared little girl, who cried to a friend on the phone about how worthless she felt in class. How everyone was getting Calculus while she was struggling to even understand the first topic. And I'm ending it as this confident, but still kinda scared young woman, who academic-wise, had a great 2 years of doing her degree.

I had my ups and downs. I made friends. I failed subjects. I lost track of my purpose and I regained it. I used to keep every notes for a difficult subject in a separate box, knowing there's a chance I will fail that paper. But I haven't done that for 2 years now. Back then, I was happy to pass. Now, a B is the lower limit for me.

I'm still a bookworm. Still love to write. And still, Hanis. But a better version. University didn't only give me an education in Actuarial Science, but it taught me about life. It taught me about making friends, about taking chances. It taught me to be selfish at times, and generous at others. It taught me so many things that I will always be grateful for it.





4 comments:

Mark said...

And that's why it's a really good thing you went. Even if you'll never have those times back you still have the memories and they were worth it. You've become a pretty awesome person, who will find her place once again.

Laila N Mysis said...

That was so bittersweet to read :') I'm sort of feeling weird now, though. I'm going to be starting my last year of high school, and gosh, you don't know how much I've been just wishing for it to be over... so does that mean I'm going to be feeling that sadness too? :/

I feel like going on one of those SAVOUR EVERY MOMENT GRAB EVERY OPPORTUNITY AND JUST LIVE WHILE YOU'RE YOUNG rampages. Hm.

Congrats on the unofficial graduation (:

Talitha said...

You did it girl!
And not only must your mamma be so proud of her darling little daughter,you've managed to make yourself happy,the ultimate stamp of approval...All the very best to you and may all the coming years be this fantastic too!:)

Lakshmi Mitra said...

Congratulations. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...