Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Wishing people to have a Merry Christmas is not going to hack away at my belief. It teach me to be a better person. If what you people say are true, then my belief must be as thin as a pencil because I sure did wished it plenty enough during my 2 years in Nashville. Next you're going to say that eating candy canes means I'm supporting another religion.

Oh such silly people. I'm ashamed of you guys.

I believe that we're all, at the end of the day, are the same. At the very basic, we're humans. People. So rely on your common human manners thingie and use that to think. We're not taught to be rude to others. We're taught to be tolerant to other people's beliefs. But why are there so many people who sneer at ones who are different?

To all of my readers who do celebrate Christmas, either for religious reason or culture:

Merry Christmas

I hope you guys have a great time, doing all those things you do, apart from drinking eggnog, kissing under mistletoe  having a family dinner and opening presents (My knowledge are all based on movies. Shame on you Hanis) .

Here's a song that I've been listening to non stop for the past week, annoying Mokesart with the lyrics.

5 comments:

Mark said...

It would be nice if people would just be nice over holidays, that's pretty much the point of them. Even if you aren't celebrating Christmas, I hope you have a nice holiday period.

Ghadeer said...

I hate all those 'warnings' from some scholars getting quoted saying wishing others Merry Christmas makes you deficient in faith.

I mean...*Hermione-tone* honestly!

Laila N Mysis said...

I don't say Merry Christmas. I say 'Happy Holidays' or 'you too' if someone says it to me *shrug*

I don't sneer at them, nor do I think people say it have lower faith. I've just been told not to, though I should still be respectful about it.

Furree Katt said...

My sentiments precisely, Hanis!

PurpleMist. said...

Totally agree with this post. My non-muslim friends always wish me Eid Mubarak so why can't I do the same for them on Christmas? Like you said, it's common human manners.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...