Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hostel Registration = Pain.

My first ever post of this wonderful year and its going to be a rant. Woooohoooo. Typical Hanis. Anyway, today is the day I had to go to the hostel and apply for a room. Dad asked me if I wanted to drive there myself or do I want him to come along. Being me, I totally forgot that today is also the same day that new students register.

Now, imagine hundreds of new students. Imagine hundreds of cars. And in each car, the trunk will be full of their useless junks stuffs while the seats will be filled with every bloody family member imaginable. I swear, Great Grand Uncle Tony Spazzo was there too. Well, you get what I mean, right?



I got out of my house around 9.55. If it was a normal day, I would be through the uni's gates around 10.20. Today? God. I was at the traffic light before the turn to go into the gates for about 15-20 minutes. I had bloody time to read few pages of the magazine I bought between the lights changing.



Once I passed through the gates, I saw even more cars. This would be fun, I thought. It took me so long to find a parking space that it was 11.20 when I got out of my car, sunnies on with a water bottle in hand. Oh yes, I even screamed at some drivers while in the car so no one else heard me. I swear I looked like a basket case.

The place was full of relatives. I had to avoid stepping on someone's kid brother before nearly colliding with someone's elderly grandfather. *takes deep breath* My target? The registration counter. And here, how it went.

"May I see your offer letter?"

*takes it out and hands it*

"Here, fill up this form,"

Form = Name and phone number.

*hands back form*

*gets letter stamped*

"Go to the next counter,"

*gets key to room*

"Here's the forms you have to fill up. Please submit them at 4.30 today,"

*checks watch. 11.30*

"Earliest at 4.30?"

"Yes,"

*smiles painfully*

"Thank you,"

*stalks off, cursing in my mind before going back into the car*

I was home by 12.05.

Its 2.40 right now and I'm filling up the forms. Can I send it over by carrier pigeon? Or tommorow when I have to go to uni and wait around at the faculty because
management didn't bother to inform no one has a clue.

*eyes the wall*

I hate this. But oh well, wish me luck for submitting the forms? So there will be no traffic and tons of parking spaces. *wishes upon stars*

But before that, I so have a crush on Gwyneth Paltrow.

Peace Out.

And oooh, Happy 2011 !!

4 comments:

PurpleMist. said...

Haha, wow, good luck then!
Happy new year to you too :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, H :)

Jodie-Ann Muckler said...

LOL! Good luck! And happy new year too :D
-Jodie-Ann

Aseela Haque said...

I hope you have a great time at uni! (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...