So what if I had a dream about a guy? Its a common thing, true? But then, this is the guy I haven't seen in a number of years. And who I have to admit, was crazy about for some time in my last high school year.
I got to stop rambling.
Anyway, last night dream was the second dream in few weeks that had him in it. Thus it became a memorable dream with me telling Mozart and Noelle about it, hoping for some kind of wise insight. I did end up moping to the latter on how my dreams are mocking me by letting him appear in them. To which I can't explain the reason behind that. Typical Hanis.
While telling Mozart about the dream, him and how my friends are worse than me in the hopeless romantic sense, I remembered a bet I made in 2006. To be exact, 20th February 2006.
I call it ...
The 20 Year Bet
I know, but my friend chose that number. I think I'll explain it in point form. Easier to understand in my opinion.
- Yes, its going to go on for 20 years, right until 20th February 2026.
- It states that if we (me and him) ever get involved in a semi-serious way, I lose the bet which means my friends were right.
- Yes, this can even apply to one of us getting married then divorcing before getting involved with the other. As long as we get involved.
- Whoever loses will have to pay the winner 100 ringgit or whatever that match the value of 100 ringgit in 2006 at the time of payment.
- Its only between me and one friend. Thank god. Well, that is if I lose. Not that I'm wishing to lose ...
- If I get involved with him on the 21st February 2026, I still win.
But as I've told my friends jokingly, if I lose, I won't be the one paying up. Its nearly 5 years now since the bet and I'm going on strong. God, is it just me or does that sound depressingly hopeful? To quote my friends,
"Its in the stars,"
I told ya, worse hopeless romantics.
But of course, if by any chance him is reading this, give me a call. *winks*
*smacks head on wall*
Do ignore that small burst of optimism.
*looks up at the stars, trying to see what my friends see*
And that one too.
Just 15 more years. *grins*
And who knows, Hugh Jackman might have snapped me up.