Thursday, November 4, 2010

Its Like An Answer From Above

I've been lazy. I mean, apart from doing chores and whatnot. I've been lazy in my writing. Let's pretend I'm not few days behind. But today, I was browsing NanoWriMo's forums when I saw it.

I heard some harp music being played. It was like the fountain of youth has been revealed to me. Lights came from above, like a spotlight. I nearly fell to my knees in joy and pure relief. I wanted to offer my godchild to the person who posted the answer.

What was it? It was a link for something that might help with your word count. Let me go get an excerpt:

Write or Die is a web application that encourages writing by punishing the tendency to avoid writing. Start typing in the box. As long as you keep typing, you’re fine, but once you stop typing, you have a grace period of a certain number of seconds and then there are consequences.

The consequences = annoying sounds from what I read. I've managed to avoid it by setting a goal of 400 words which I wrote under 10 mins. But if you stop, the page starts getting pink and then red. *manage to avoid the sound at the last minute, twice*

I know, you might say the quality of the words might be meh. But this is the word count that matters. NaNoWriMo is all about the 50,000 words in 30 days. We can edit it and all after that. So if you're interested to try it out, do click on this and the application is on the right hand side.

Peace Out.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...