Monday, November 22, 2010

This Happen Everytime I Buy a Book.

Last Thursday, after such a wonderful sighting, Dad gave me about 40 Ringgit for a book. The usual price here is around 30-35 Ringgit. Your normal paperback book. So I headed to the book store, a big one with shelves and shelves of books and books. I was SET to buy another book of my Black Dagger Brotherhood Series.

There's currently 8 books in the series and in Malaysia, the 8th book is not available yet. I got 6 of them so I knew what I had to buy.

It was a simple process. Go to the romance section. And its always at the same place. The bottom shelf. I had a copy of Lover Unbound in my hand when I turned around and saw the opposite shelf was under the classical section. Penguins books. I saw Lolita.

I saw The Secret Garden.

I saw Jane Eyre.

And guess what? They were cheaper. About 8.50 ringgit per book. I was thinking to myself, hmmm I can get 4 books now.

But then what if I don't like them? I'll be banging my head against the wall for not buying Lover Unbound. By this time, I had Lolita in one hand and Lover Unbound in the other. With the fear of not liking the former, I put it back on the shelf.

Vampire romance win.

I then got the brilliant idea of browsing the other shelves. It was okay, with my brother dragging himself behind me. But then, I came to the Stephen King section.

Having read all the Wiki pages on his books during my internship, I had this longing to read/buy one of his books. So there I was, staring at the books, picking one up after another, reading the synopsis. I was wondering if I should get my first Stephen King book.

But then, I told myself

"Next time Hanis,"

Fine. I walked on and on. Feeling confident and strong this time, I browsed the books, Lover Unbound tight in my hand. That is until, I saw Jodi Picoult's books.

Damn it.

I love her books. I have 4 of them. Wait, 5 I think. And there were a new book. And I realised that I've neglected my soul for vampire romance. My soul needed something Jodi Picoult. It craves it.

This was a real battle. A struggle of which book to buy. I was there for more than 5 minutes when my brother took the vampire book and the money I had in my back pocket before striding off to the cashier. I watched with wide eyes, Jodi Picoult's book in one hand as he paid for my book and came back with the book, minus plastic bag.

"Easy, right?"

Thanks for taking away the fun of my book shopping.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...